What is Revision Bariatric Surgery?
If you’ve had bariatric surgery, but were unsatisfied with your results, a revision bariatric surgery may be the answer. While we commonly convert gastric bands to sleeve gastrectomies, other surgeries are possible as well.
Our team can guide you if you’re unsure of what you want your previous bariatric surgery to be converted to. Please contact us with any questions.
- Must be 18 or older
- BMI of 40+ or BMI of 35 with serious weight-related illness
- Benefits depend on which bariatric surgery the original surgery is converted to
- Recovery varies according to the selected surgery.
- The four types of Revision Lap-Band Surgery are:
- Lap Band Revision Surgery to Gastric Sleeve
- Lap Band Revision Surgery to to Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Lap Band Revision Surgery to Duodenal Switch (DS)