What is Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass?
There’s nothing more discouraging than feeling like you’ve run out of weight loss options. If you’ve tried it all, but seen no sustainable results, you should consider laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery. Candidates for laparoscopic gastric bypasses must meet certain criteria including, but not limited to:
- Must be 18 or older
- BMI of 40+ or BMI of 35 with serious weight-related illness
- Restricts the amount of food that can be consumed
- Produces significant long-term weight loss (60 to 80 percent excess weight loss)
- Typical maintenance of >50 percent excess weight loss
- Recovery time may vary depending on the size of the incision.
- It is common to experience soreness in the days following surgery. Many hospitals will offer patient-controlled analgesia (PCA).
- Walking will help relieve any gas that may be causing discomfort.
- After being discharged from the hospital, be sure to follow any instructions given to you by your doctor.